Monday, January 9, 2023

gen5 glock

Gen5 Glock - Glock released the Gen 4 pistol line in early 2010, which addressed some of the caliber frame stability issues and made some mild exterior changes. Almost seven years later we are presented with the next generation in the Glock lineup. The Gen 5 changes are the same on the surface, but there are some interesting changes that aren't immediately apparent.

I have been using my Gen 5 Glock 19 since late August and have put about 4,000 rounds through it. I've run it for static accuracy and in dynamic defensive exercises with and without the light attached to the rail and concealed. I spent time taking it apart and getting to know the internal differences and parts replacement issues (Glocks are fun hobby kits).

Gen5 Glock

Gen5 Glock

For the most part, the Gen 5 Glock 19 is just a Glock 19, but there are some interesting and odd differences that warrant examination. There are also some caveats that early buyers should be aware of. I hope to cover most of them here, but remember that these insights are from less than 2 months of use, several times a week. More stories can be told for a long time.

Glock 22 Gen 5 Mos Fxd .40

Most of these reviews deal with Gen 5 changes from previous versions and issues specific to Gen-5 users (carrying, shooting, accessories, etc.). For more Glock 19 reviews I recommend you read the Glock 19 Gen 4 review here ("Review: Glock 19 Gen 4 - After 80,000 Rounds").

Also note that the photos shown in this article do not depict factory new guns. Instead, these are photos of someone's gun being used multiple days each week. They usually attack a little.

The first and best reason to consider this gun is because it is a Glock 19; Probably the best all-purpose pistol ever made. It is large enough to be a duty pistol and offers operational accuracy and significant magazine capacity, while being small and light enough for everyday concealed carry.

Additionally, the excellent reliability record of Glock pistols cannot be overlooked. In my personal experience, I have fired over 100,000 rounds through Gen 3 and Gen 4 Glock pistols, and the only malfunctions I have ever experienced are from non-Glock replacement parts and improper Cerakote workmanship. With stock parts, the Glock pistol remains flawless even in extreme conditions.

Stippling For Glock Gen5

Especially for Gen 5, you may want to consider the Glock 19 for several good reasons. First, the slide lock lever is now two-way. So if you are left handed, change the mag release to right and you have a complete left handed pistol. For those of you who love Glock pistols, but prefer finger grooves in the grip, the Gen 5 comes with a smooth grip front strap. No customization required.

Gen 5 brings something very new to the shooting experience with 2 notable exceptions. The Glock 19 has always been a smooth shooting, controllable pistol with accuracy exceeding 99.9% of shooters ability. What's new on this experience is the new Gen 5 barrel and smooth front grip.

After shooting a lot with Gen 3 and 4 Glocks, the lack of finger grooves is noticeable to me. I'm used to the grip of filling my strong arm and now it feels different. I don't hate the difference, but I miss them on this gun because the finger grooves fit my hand better. I know a lot of people will be happy with this change because they never liked them.

Gen5 Glock

Glock 19 Gen 5 after a muddy "wounded wings" exercise. Several people fell to the ground.

Glock 22 Gen5 The 40 S&w Caliber Closes The Gap Between The .45 Auto Calibers And The 9x19 Service Calibers. The G22 Is Now Available With Gen5 Technologies Including The Ndlc Finish,

The new rifling barrel profile is designed for double the long-range accuracy (4-inch groups at 50 yards, claims Glock). I still haven't had enough to get 4 groups at 50 yards, but I have found that my groups at 25 yards with the Gen 5 are much smaller than when I was shooting the Gen 4. I can't say for sure, but I think it's more accurate than a barrel.

The Gen 5 trigger may have a slightly better feel than the Gen 4, but that's subjective and hard for me to say. The Gen 5 trigger assembly is completely different from the Gen 4, which is set up like the Glock 43. It has a "New York" trigger spring that uses a polymer spring support and a compression spring (connects the bar to the crossbar instead of an extension spring. ) I tried the 3.5 pound connector and saw no difference in print weight. So I tried a 2lb connector and got the expected 4.5lb print from my gun. interesting

Most of the 9mm ammo I put through the gun is a 115gr ball, but I rotated through an assortment of Federal Premium 147gr Hydra-Shok JHP, Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P GDHP, Federal Premium HP, 124gr. Critical Defense 115gr and Hornady Critical Duty 135gr ... all with flawless performance.

I haven't seen anything in ~4,000 rounds with the Gen 5 Glock 19. The only noticeable issue I can report is that during the first 1000 rounds I occasionally felt a bit of hesitation when the first round action was in the magazine. Instead of the standard "chunk" sound/feel of a slide going into battery, there was a "thunk" like maybe a bit off with a round chamber. This anomaly went away after about 1,000 rounds and never affected the operation of the gun. All guns were chambered and fired.

G19 Gen 5 Is The Best All Around Glock, Change My Mind

As with every other Glock pistol, the Gen 5 G19's transition to the trigger guard grip is slightly angled and generally uncomfortable for the middle finger of a strong hand when shooting. That's why I suggest that every Glock pistol has a Dremmel tool that has been moved sideways and down into the side of the trigger guard with a claw to create its smooth rounded and tapered profile. Other than that issue, the Glock 19 is comfortable enough. Some people disagree and find the G19 or any Glock pistol fine without this slight modification. I find the Gen 5 Glock 19 very comfortable with this modification. Without it, it cannot be used. I, personally, have never owned a Glock that wasn't built this way. Would definitely be a nice Gen 6 upgrade.

The Glock 19 is by no means easy and the recoil is very easy to handle. While the magazine release position is nice, I had to adjust my grip a bit to accommodate my medium-sized hands (as I do on every pistol I own) to operate it. Even with the Glock's minimalist slide lock lever, I find that my grip often gets in the way of the lever and the gun sometimes won't open with the last round in the magazine. It's not the gun's fault at all. This is all me.

Although it is compact, the Glock 19 is larger than some in its category. However, with a good and well-made holster, it can easily be hidden in several places on your belt, inside the belt or outside. I carry a Glock 19 with a light attached every day and never have a printing problem.

Gen5 Glock

However, note that stealth is largely controlled by the shell and its configuration. Most holsters made for concealed carry are poorly made and the gun is not angled properly for concealment. Be careful!

Umarex Elite Force Glock 17 Gen 5 Co2 Half Blowback Airsoft Pistol Gun 6mm Bb For Sale Online

The Glock 19's fifteen-plus-one capacity is adequate, especially for compacts. There's no mistaking that the Glock 19 sets the standard for size-to-capacity ratio in the handgun world.

The Gen 5 Glock 19's mostly unadorned slide has a black Melonite coating and is then treated with an nDLC coating. The result is darker and reportedly longer lasting. I really like this new design and its aesthetic. I can't say if it's more stable. However, I can say that in practice repeatedly putting it on the gravel can scratch the slide and stain the stain, as shown here:

The scratches shown above are from performing several "injured wing" exercises, shown here:

The polymer frame is almost identical to the Gen 4, with the grip slightly flared on the sides to mimic a magwell (which it only mimics), and the front strap has no finger grooves. The Gen 5 has only one pin instead of the 2 pins common to newer generations. Perhaps because of this difference, the frame is slightly wider and much taller than the Gen 4. The grip texture is similar to Gen 4 and is usable if you don't have wet or bloody hands (so be sure to press if your Glock is a carry gun).

Glock 19x Gas Airsoft Pistol

If you have a Glock 19 with a light,

Fossil gen5, lyman gen5, gen5 printhead, hughesnet gen5, pxg gen5, ricoh gen5, gen5, gen5 biotek, aeotec gen5, ipod gen5, gen5 software, siren gen5